Immortalis Animus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Valerio
Valerio

HELLO! Empty HELLO!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:01 am
So sorry for the caps locked title but it is simply impossible to contain my excitement.

I'll start off with a little story.

As we all know, the first forum got a bit stale and repetitive. Over the regular week it was maybe two posts and crickets rest of the days. Though checking the forum never stopped being a habit of mine, I confess about two weeks have gone by then that I didn't check the forum. Imagine my surprise when, after I decided to do it, I came upon the ''under maintenance'' message. I can't tell you how many e-mails I sent, how many times I went back to the forum to see if it'll come back up, how many times I checked the main website (which, by the way, is down now??) to see if there are any clues I missed. I sent so many e-mails, because I couldn't accept that such a large and defining part of my life was gone.

It's wrong to say it was gone. My quest was not conditioned by the forum's existence... however, I spent two years with you guys. I grew to love each and every one of you, I read most all your posts and your darkest poetry. I digress, but I'm equally surprised as I am happy to see Blam here as I remember the ancient drama between him and Espiritus (who I just now learned was actually Della... my mind is officially blown in so many ways) which resulted in a ban... I feel like so many things had happened, and my understanding is like swiss cheese (yes, full of holes).

Anyway, today's the day I searched for the forum again, as has become habit. I swear to you, not in one of my very extensive searches has this forum popped up, nor its previous iteration which I learned about a short while ago. And today, without any announcement or expectation, it does.

So glad to see all of you are still on the path and well. I'm also very excited about the forum being resurrected and even though right now it's a far cry from the first iteration - - - it is beautiful, honestly, and warms my heart. I don't know if you guys remember me, I mean I was a regular poster and question-asker for a while, made some contributions too, but I preferred not to stand out as much and only speak when I had no other choice but to ask/respond. However, once I saw how easily we can lose the things we love and get used to (no shit sherlock, that's the whole point of this path!) I quickly grew disappointed in myself. If I had made better friends with you in the past, you'd have told me about this new forum and who knows how we could've benefitted each other collectively.

None of that matters now though, I'm just so happy to see familiar faces (icons?) on the path. I certainly never stopped walking it (tried to, but it's impossible to stop once you go deep enough -- as all of you know).

So once again, a proper hello to all of you, and I hope this finds you all in good health and spirit,

Valerio Smile
Snow Wolf
Snow Wolf
Admin
https://immortalis-animus.forumotion.com

HELLO! Empty Re: HELLO!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:09 pm
Hi Valerio,

Welcome to the forum!  There are only a few of us here and it is fairly quiet most of the time but the posts are being read by quite a few so I will keep the forum going. Luckily a lot of the material from the original forum was archived by Rasa and Uthred and so I post Mikal's words from time to time to inspire us.

As we have discussed here previously, just about every question you could ask was asked of Mikal and there was not much left to say towards the end of the forum's life. I think when Della/Espiritus passed on Mikal decided it was time for him to move on and leave us to our own journeys on this path. He had given us almost a solid decade of his wisdom. I did email him a few times when Della was sick in hospital but he did not respond. I also emailed Della's partner but there was no response there either.

So here we are, navigating the journey as best we can  Smile
Snow Wolf
Snow Wolf
Admin
https://immortalis-animus.forumotion.com

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:30 pm
Valerio BTW, we had a previous forum prior to this one running for a few weeks and there I mentioned that I was Tomoe on Mikal's forum but decided to change my name this time around.
Valerio
Valerio

Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:15 am
Hey Snow Wolf! Yes I remember your previous alias. So good to be back and thank you for replying.

Somewhere I read you guys do skype sessions. I don't know what the status is on those, but if they're still ongoing I'd like to take part in a few of them and talk to guys.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum