Immortalis Animus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Snow Wolf
Snow Wolf
Admin
https://immortalis-animus.forumotion.com

Edge of Tomorrow  Empty Edge of Tomorrow

Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:24 pm
I love the movie Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise. It’s like Ground Hog Day set in a dystopian future and the planet is at war with an alien force. The Omega, the brain behind the alien force keeps resetting the same day over and over and for some  reason Tom Cruise’s character is the only one who realises that, something in his blood  maybe (must be the midichorian 😄). He is fighting front line in the trenches and gets at least a thousand chances to finally get it right and take out the brain, the Omega.

For us here, how many times have we ridden the ghost train? Can we finally get it right this time? Can we pick up on all the clues we have left behind? Can we manoeuvre through and defeat the program completely and totally because when we do, we will transmogrify.

In the movie, the Omega sent Tom Cruise visions of where to locate the Omega, but TC did not know that, he thought they were true “visions” but they were just another trap. How often have we been fooled and trapped?
Uthred
Uthred

Edge of Tomorrow  Empty Re: Edge of Tomorrow

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:21 am
Never heard of that movie seems good, I'll give it a go. To be honest, lately I have been getting "fooled and trapped" more often than I am comfortable with. And yet, even if I'm more complacent than usual it makes me even more restless about the path. It is indeed easier to do the Work than to ignore this path knowing that it exists, it actually leaves me mentally exhausted when I'm not doing what I should be doing.
Snow Wolf
Snow Wolf
Admin
https://immortalis-animus.forumotion.com

Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:54 pm
The longer you continue on this path the more your ideas change. In the beginning you’re all fired up and you want to transmogrify NOW, but as the years go on you realise you are in for the long haul, or at least longer than you first anticipated. You keep doing everything you can to keep the flame alive when dayshine distraction creeps in too much.  At least for me anyway. I get a real uncomfortable feeling when I have been too distracted or have been unwittingly compartmentalising my life. Gotta remind myself sometimes that it’s one life, one path, my immortality should be the roots and the backbone of my existence.

Uthred likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum