Immortalis Animus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Snow Wolf
Snow Wolf
Admin
https://immortalis-animus.forumotion.com

Inspiration for Immortality  Empty Inspiration for Immortality

Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:37 pm
There is a small niche brand perfume called Woman by Ormonde Jayne. The first time I smelled this I was transported instantly into a dark magical forest. I could hear the crackling twigs underfoot, saw the brash full moon pushing through the upper branches of magnificent tall trees and I could smell this woody, spicy scent that never cloyed or overpowered but wafted hypnotically around me. My mere mortality slipped off my shoulders like an old worn out cloak to reveal the Immortal Enchantress, the Black Magic woman within.  Black Hemlock is one of the main ingredients in this magical elixir.

Scents can have such a powerful effect, as does music, and words written just so.

What inspires your Immortality, gets under your skin and makes you crave your transformation?
Rasa

Inspiration for Immortality  Empty Re: Inspiration for Immortality

Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:00 am
Carp, you asked this forever ago and I put it on the back burner and forgot to answer! Very Happy Anyway, I'd have to say ideas inspire me, like new scientific discoveries about how the universe works, mainly what I can understand of quantum physics, brane theory, string theory, etc. But the ideas can come from anywhere, really, a quote I read in a book or hear at random in some otherwise banal show that sets me off and gets me thinking. Like today on my afternoon walk, I was pondering my Other and my life and an idea that had been brewing around a quote from a TV show entered my mind and brought me a real sense of perspective and peace and satisfaction: kind of a "bigger picture" idea if you catch my drift. In a way it was about immortality but also not. I'd go into more detail but it would take forever and my lunch break is nearly over! LOL!
Aldane
Aldane

Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:18 am
Definitely music for me primarily as it has always coursed through the core of my being. I do wish I could smell that aroma you described though - sounds hypnotic for sure. I create artworks like music, short stories, story collections, 3D renders, 2D graphics, etc that are all interconnected and come from... well not always my personal Shadowland that's solely mine but another realm of existence that I experience in addition to my private Shadowland. Things from various mediums all come together to reference each other, paint an emergent picture from each other, and breathe life into "Shadowland", which is not the name I know it by, but I digress.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum